BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Outreach 2009

Here it is again! Livingstones Youth Christmas outreach. It was only my second time this year, and this year, we were doing the skit again! My only dilemma this time was that i was casted off as the character, Angel Gabriel, who sort of narrated the story, and acted along with it. To tell you the truth, i was real scared with my role. I'll leave the reasons for your witty imagination.

So weeks before the day we would reach out, we practiced long and hard for it, and prayed for it as well. Good thing too, because everyone helped each other out. Bloopers here and there always cheer everyone up.

Finally, the day came when we would go over to NOPH to reach out to the sick kids and their families stranded there in the hospital for the holidays. Sad to know that people get stuck in the hospital for Christmas huh? Spreading the joy and the real reason for the season was our mission that day.

So there we were, propped up and ready, just about to visit the wards. However, even though we were there to carry out our mission for God, it's quite unfortunate that the enemy never sleeps. i got attacked the very moment we started. The right part of my chest cringed with the greatest pain i've ever experienced in that area. It was so distracting that i really hesitated during our first visit to the first ward. Struggling to keep with the outreach, i did my best, messed up a few of the lines, but whispered a few prayers every time i didn't appear in a scene. i needed God's help that very moment. Ministering to the families and telling them about Jesus comforted me a bit.

Right after we got out, i had to tell KG that i needed prayer. He reminded me that i shouldn't let this distract me, especially since at that moment, we were all on a mission. He prayed over me, and had our group rest up a bit.

God gave me so much strength after that. The pain never left, but it didn't distract me when our group got to the other wards. "Trust, trust," was what rang in my mind while doing the skit. "It's hard, but keep fighting. Jesus never leaves." He kept me going.

Being a little kid myself and ministering to the patients really blessed me to be used as a blessing along with all my other teammates. God is awesome!!!

By the time we finished, i couldn't believe it was over. Honestly, i was still hoping to do a little more visiting to the patients, but we all had to call it a day.

An awesome start to an awesome Christmas eve! The Lord is the ONLY source of our strength in the real battlefield! Can't believe i had to go through all that to be reminded. Jesus loves you!!! <><

0 comments: