BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Christian Night

But He said to me, ""My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
~2Corinthians12:9

So much has happened for this long while now, and i've just recently come out of my
hibernation to finally get back here. Anyway, last August was an entire month of testing. Hibalag's Christian Night was coming up, and God's called me to help out in planning for it. The moment i heard the news, all the blood from my head rushed down to my stomach. It was, yet again, another Gideon moment for me. Drowned it in prayer immediately when i reached home, and God was just clear about Christian Night.

To be honest, when it comes to taking the lead spiritually, i am absolutely terrified, and would make every attempt to confirm, or to excuse myself from taking the job. However, since God was pretty clear, i'm pretty sure i really don't want to spend three days in a fish.

Weeks of preparing came by our way, and Patrik, the one in charge of the whole night assigned me to coordinate with all the presenters of the night which increased my concern for the matter tenfold. Not only that, CCC was also asked to perform a skit, and i was gonna be acting director. The pressure of planning a night that would bring Jesus out into the open, coordinating with seven group presentations plus the speaker for the night, directing CCC's presentation, not to mention the horrifying thought of messing up really just brought me to my knees every night. I wasn't exactly 100% sure i was up for the job, but God sure was, and for that, i have to obey.

Day after day, God continually filled me with His strength and He was not slow to showing me His faithfulness, providing encouragements everyday, providing Euna, Anton, Gretel, Lilet, Zee, Neil, Jong-jong, Paolo, and Johanne for the team, and most of all, assuring me with His Word.

When the week finally came, a lot of problems came up, but to no avail, God prevailed. I knew it would be a week of nonstop activities here and there, so i was also thankful for a couple of fellowships along the way. During the night before the big event, i literally cried out of exhaustion both physically and mentally during youth night. KG kept assuring me about God's grace, and that it's really a time to fall to my knees.

That night, and the morning after, i texted everyone i knew who's prayers would be of use. It was pretty awesome feeling like i was calling an army of prayer warriors. However, as the day passed on, i was already hearing of attacks everywhere. People were late, sick, disappearing, unwell, grounded, and the like. It was hard hearing about what was happening, but it somehow encouraged me all the more to know that the enemy was getting desperate. God assured me then that it was going to be a powerful night.

Christian Night started with introduction and prayer, then Victory's band. All the while, whenever i went over to where some of my friends in the audience was, i would always ask about how the night was going, and KJ would always tell me to take nice, deep breaths before telling me anything. Next was CCC's Need You to Love Me skit. Next was PSALM's We Can Make a Difference dance, followed by their Puppet skit. Next was J2MAD band. Then came the FREAKS. Kuya Archie then came out and delivered the message powerfully. From what my friends in the audience said, around 20-25 people came up to accept Christ in their lives! H4U band did the last songs, and the night ended with blessed people, saved souls, empty stomachs, and [not to mention] my sore neck.

God can do so much with hearts that are just willing to listen and obey to what He has to say. It doesn't matter what we feel, it's about what He wants. God bless y'all! <><

0 comments: